Thanks to the pandemic, homeowners have an increased value of personal space. Since then, new designs have emerged and buyers have strong opinions about what upgrades and designs they are looking for. As a seller, check out the list below to see what experts are calling the most sought-after home designs for buyers in 2022.
- Front porch: This space adds a new dimension to create curb appeal. The structure brings an ascetically pleasing design, as well as practicality and functionality.
- Patio: What is better than dining al fresco? Doing so in the convenience of your own backyard on your beautiful hardscape patio. Buyers are looking for a place to sit outside, enjoy meals, relax after a day at work, or a place to entertain guests.
- Walk-in Pantry: Storage is a huge appeal for buyers. Closets, shelving, etc are a must to maximize space. A walk-in pantry allows homeowners to enjoy a designated area to store dry goods and kitchen supplies, while freeing up countertops and cabinets in the kitchen, minimizing clutter.
- Hardwood Floors: Gone are the days of carpet. Whether this means real hardwood or the maintenance-free luxury vinyl plank, buyers are after the polished look of wood throughout.
- Laundry Room: Buyers see this as a huge upgrade. A designated room, complete with shelving, cabinets, and drying racks makes the mundane everyday task of washing clothes a little bit easier and more organized.
What are your non-negotiable upgrades while shopping for your new home?