Summer is officially here and it’s time to hit the beach! There are endless activities to make the most of the warm weather and long break from school. What’s on your summer bucket list? Check out the list below to make summer 2022 the best one yet!
- Go Surf Fishing at the Drive-On Beach: Drive on beaches are such a fun experience! Delaware allows vehicles on the beach in designated surf fishing areas so pack your car with all your beach toys, chairs, and games (don’t forget your fishing pole). It’s worth noting: you must always be actively fishing, have a car with 4-wheel drive, and surf fishing passes are mandatory.
- Watch the Sunset: Big Chill Beach Club has arguably one of the best views of any restaurant in the area. Enjoy 360-degree views of the vast beach, ocean, bay, and wetlands. From the elevated view, watch the sun go down with the gorgeous Indian River Bridge as a backdrop.
- Plan a Day Trip to Assateague Island: About 40 minutes from Bethany Beach, find this pristine state and national park. There are boundless ways to enjoy Assateague. Hop on a kayak to explore the waterways, ride a bike through several miles of trails, or spend the night under the stars while camping. Keep an eye out for the area’s claim to fame: the wild ponies.
- Movies on the Beach: Grab a big blanket, your favorite snacks, and the kiddos. Every Monday night at dusk from June-August, enjoy a free family-friendly event right on the beach in downtown Bethany.
- Catch a Show at the Freeman Stage: Just outside Fenwick Island, find the Freeman Stage at Bayside. This outdoor venue is ideal for summer concerts. Freeman has a variety of live music and top-notch performers. While they do offer 200 reserved chairs, you have the option to bring your own chair or blanket.
Whatever your plans are, get outside and enjoy the easy breezy carefree days of summer.