Spring is just around the corner. The days are slowly getting longer, we’ve had a few glimpses of warm weather and are even starting to see some buds bloom. Spring is consistently the busiest time of year in the real estate market. Especially in our beach town, as most buyers are shooting to find their dream home now in order to get settled in before summertime.
Are you looking to take advantage of the busiest time of year and sell your home? Check out the spring cleaning tips below to get your home in tip-top shape!
- Dust: Take everything off your shelves, move your furniture around, and get in those light fixtures. And don’t forget those fan blades, baseboards, and window sills!
- Tackle Kitchen Appliances: Scrub the oven, get into the nooks of the stove, and sort out the refrigerator. Perspective buyers will be looking into these appliances to check out their usage and condition. Make sure they are sparkling.
- Remove Signs of Pets: Things like beds, toys, litter boxes, etc should all be put away. Although many people consider pets to be beloved members of the family, not every buyer feels the same way. Especially when these furry friends create odors.
- Declutter: You never want to junk up your home with many knick-knacks, too much furniture, and an abundance of personal items. Buyers like to imagine themselves living in the property so keeping things neat and tidy is the best way to make a good first impression in a buyer’s eyes.
- Don’t forget the exterior! A good power wash goes a long way. This will help with mold and mildew, as well as give the face of your home a clean and polished look. Clean out your gutters and keep the bushes trimmed. Curb appeal is the buyer’s first impression of your home. Make it a good one.